The World's No. 1 Copywriting Course
Blackford Centre for Copywriting
Get the course prospectus
by email. Click here.
What's in the course?
Here's what you'll get.
- Copywriting techniques book.†
- 61 Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised for copywriting. They also check that you can tackle each type of copywriting.
- 35 videos. Six hours of information. Sit back and watch how to write better copy.
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. Detailed, practical information that guides you skilfully towards becoming a copywriter
- 63,000 words of practical 'how-to' text. You get detailed information that guides you towards becoming a professional copywriter.
- 11 Assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- ‘How to Achieve More!’ Planner. It contains forms for self-discovery and vision, a 12-month goals' planner, a study plan and scheduler, study tips,
and a monthly reflection and assessment form. Exclusive to your course. † See More
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised as a practising copywriter. They also check that you can tackle each type of work.
- 'How to Write Assignments' booklet (right). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- A Quick Start Guide, to get you started on the course.
- A sturdy ring binder that holds the course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.†
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.††
- 'How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course' booklet. Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- '49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service' booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- Student Discount card. Get discounts with leading
shops and organisations.
- † In the online edition this is provided as downloadable PDFs.
- †† Not in online edition.
- Online edition of the course. Get access to all the course modules and assignments when you register.
- Online student's database. Add your name to the database, and get in touch with other students.
- 23 top-selling words, in six categories
- 16 hidden benefits that people buy (from Altruism to Style)
- Choosing the right word (easily confused words such as Among and Between)
- Idioms - What they are, how they reduce understanding, and how to avoid them
- 38 key benefits
- 10 ways to improve clarity
- 10 mistakes that reduce effectiveness
- The copywriter’s checklist (20 points to ensure your copy is perfect)
- The creative brief (Give it to the client to make sure you both agree on what is to be done)
- 16 essential points to include in a brochure
- 13 topics for a technical brochure
- 180 product benefits (you'll never be stuck for something to say about a client's product)
- 25 benefits for business-to-business copy
- 31 invisible benefits
- 33 claims a service company can make
- 44 topics for a newsletter
- How to layout TV and radio commercials (with specimen layouts)
- 33 elements you could include on a product label
- Layout for presenting copy to a client
- Letter to accompany a Letter of Agreement
- Letter of Agreement (It means you'll get paid!)
- Sample invoice
- Sample Statement
- Price list (How much to charge for different types of work)
- Jargon-busting glossary
- How to get publicity as a copywriter
- A guide to copywriting law
- A handsome Diploma to frame and display on your wall.
- An 'Approved Copywriter' logo (above) to put on your website and your notepaper.
- A press release sent to your local newspapers (if you want). It announces that you're setting up your copywriting practice.
- The right to put your contact details on our copywriters' database. It could bring you work.
- An open reference that shows you have completed the course, and which may open doors for you.
- The right to use the post nominal letters Dip. Copy (BC) after your name.
Plus! Access your course online
Take a peek inside!
Have a look at how friendly our online portal is. Click here: https://blackfordcentre.com/courses/how-to-use-the-portal/
This course is available to all our learners. We've opened it to you, so you can check out our portal.
You also get a free Professional Copywriter's Manual (not available elsewhere). It contains the following items:
Armed with this Manual, you'll be able to write inspirational, explosive copy. On their own, the secrets contained in this Manual could earn you the cost of the course - from additional fees and referrals from satisfied clients.
The course comes with ten bonuses worth an amazing £1,007 ($1,287).
Bonus 1. Free mentoring when you complete the course. (Value £450)
Once you complete the course, we’ll give you three months’ free business mentoring.
You’ll have a personal mentor who'll help you set up your own business (if that's your choice).
For three months after getting your Diploma you'll get one-to-one advice and support from an active practitioner.
So if you're unsure on how to launch your own business, this mentoring programme will put you on the road to success.
And because it's all part of the course, it won't cost you a penny.
Bonus 2. Read our Diary of a Professional Copywriter. (Value £35)
Follow the highs and lows of a professional copywriter's life, as our freelance copywriter reports each week on his experiences in the field. You'll get insights into his day, and learn from his successes and failures. The Diary is available exclusively to our learners.
Bonus 3. Business Blueprints. (Value £17)
This 47 page book contains complete step-by-step checklists for starting a successful business.
Click here to learn more about Business Blueprints.
Bonus 4. Your First Client Celebration Kit. (Value £31)
What’s the first thing to do when you get your first client? The answer is: ‘Celebrate!’ And we’ll help you do that, because as soon as you get your first paid work we’ll send you a celebration kit including fun items such as champagne glasses and other party items.
Bonus 5. Roadmap (Value £8)†
A chart and text that shows you the exact steps to take to become a successful copywriter. Comes complete with instructions for us. Not available elsewhere.
Bonus 6. Scientific Advertising ebook (Value £14)
Scientific Advertising, by Claude Hopkins. Hopkins was the father of modern copywriting, and created many elements we take for granted, such as direct mail, coupons, and much more. His words are as true today as when they were first written.
Bonus 7: Report: How to write White Papers and earn money from them. (Value £25)†
Extend your income by writing white papers. Companies use them as soft sales documents and incentives. Any writer who can produce these will earn top rates for this work.
Bonus 8: The Ultimate Copywriting Checklist. (Value £15)†
65 trade secrets that guarantee your copy will be effective. Before you deliver any work, compare it against these time honoured rules - and you'll have a delighted client every time.
Bonus 9: Mammoth Swipe File. 2,235 Promotional lines that you can use now. (Value £27)†
Calls to action, follow ups / follow throughs, persuasive guarantees, engaging questions, and many more.
† In the online edition, this content is provided as a downloadable PDF.
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
From time to time we improve, amend and extend the items mentioned here.
an advisor on