Professional Copywriting Courses
Blackford Centre for Copywriting
What's in the pack?
Here's what you'll find in your course
- Quick Start guide, to get you started on the course.
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. They contain detailed, practical information that guides you skillfully towards becoming a professional copywriter.
- 11 copywriting assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- A useful case that keeps all your course material (not in the online-only edition).
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. It helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised for copywriting. They also check that you can tackle each type of copywriting.
- Assignments from real-life small-business clients. We send you these from time to time. You don't get paid, but they give you great experience.
- How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course booklet (right). Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- How to Write Assignments booklet (right). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- Course techniques book (not in the online-only edition).
- Personal career advice during the course.
- Free bonus! When you go to the new online edition of the course, you'll receive a free ebook, Scientific Advertising, by Claude Hopkins. Hopkins was the father of modern copywriting, and created many elements we take for granted, such as direct mail, the coupon, and much more. His words are as true to day as when they were first written.
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered (not in the online-only edition).
- 49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
Plus! Access your course online
With your course you also get a free Copywriter's Manual (not available elsewhere). It contains the following items:
- 23 top-selling words, in six categories
- 16 hidden benefits that people buy (from Altruism to Style)
- Choose the right word (easily confused words such as Among and Between)
- Idioms - What they are, how they reduce understanding, and how to avoid them
- 38 key benefits
- 10 ways to improve clarity
- 10 mistakes that reduce effectiveness
- The copywriter’s checklist (20 points to ensure your copy is perfect)
- The creative brief (Give it to the client to make sure you both agree on what is to be done)
- 16 essential points to include in a brochure
- 13 topics for a technical brochure
- 180 product benefits (you'll never be stuck for something to say about a client's product)
- 25 benefits for business-to-business copy
- 31 invisible benefits
- 33 claims a service company can make
- 44 topics for a newsletter
- How to layout TV and radio commercials (with specimen layouts)
- 33 elements you could include on a product label
- Layout for presenting copy to a client
- Letter to accompany a Letter of Agreement
- Letter of Agreement (It means you'll get paid!)
- Sample invoice
- Sample Statement
- Price list (How much to charge for different types of work)
- Jargon-busting glossary
- How to get publicity as a copywriter
- A guide to copywriting law
Armed with this Manual, you'll be able to write inspirational, explosive copy. On their own, the secrets contained in this Manual could earn you the cost of the course - from additional fees and referrals from satisfied clients.
We reserve the right to improve, amend or extend the topics and pack contents mentioned here.
Bonus 1. Free mentoring when you complete the course
Once you complete the course, we’ll give you three months’ free business mentoring.
You’ll have a personal mentor who'll help you set up your own business (if that's your choice).
For three months after getting your Diploma you'll get one-to-one advice and support from an active practitioner.
So if you're unsure on how to launch your own business, this mentoring programme will put you on the road to success.
And because it's all part of the Blackford Institute's course, it won't cost you a penny.
Bonus 2. You get the files for a free copywriter's website
You get a free copywriter’s website, complete with sample text. Just change the text to suit your needs, upload it to your site, and you’ll have your own website!
If you went to a designer, they would charge you at least £385 for this work. And because we know what clients want from a copywriter’s website, the pages are better than what a designer would provide.
Click here to learn more about the free copywriter’s website.
Bonus 3. Read our Diary of a Professional Copywriter
Follow the highs and lows of a professional copywriter's life, as our freelance copywriter reports each week on his experiences in the field. You'll get insights into his day, and learn from his successes and failures. The Diary is available exclusively to our learners.
Bonus 4. You get a free copy of Business Blueprints
This 47 page book contains complete step-by-step checklists for starting a successful business.
Click here to learn more about Business Blueprints.
Bonus 5. Your First Client Celebration Kit
What’s the first thing to do when you get your first client? The answer is: ‘Celebrate!’ And we’ll help you do that, because as soon as you get your first paid work we’ll send you a celebration kit including fun items such as champagne glasses and other party items (Value £31).
Bonus 6. Roadmap
The Roadmap is an easy, step-by-step guide to setting up a copywriting practice
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
an advisor on