Blackford Centre for Counselling
Get the course prospectus
by email. Click here.
Accredited Diploma in Counselling Course
What's in your course?
Here's what you'll find:
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.
- 56,000 words of practical how-to text. Detailed information that guides you towards becoming a professional counsellor.
- 12 assignments. They will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. This helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help check that you can tackle each type of counselling.
- A techniques book to accompany the course materials (not in the online-only edition).
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered (not in the online-only edition).
- The contact details for your personal tutor.
- Audio CD. Listen to the course in the car or on your iPod. The course now includes a CD and online mp3 version of the course which you can download. This means you can listen to the course wherever you are - while commuting or on holiday.
- Advertising and business stationery kit. Saves you spending time and money with designers and printers. Click here for details of the kit.
- Details of how to contact other students.
- ‘How to Achieve More!’ Planner. It contains forms for self-discovery and vision, a 12-month goals' planner, a study plan and scheduler, study tips, and a monthly reflection and assessment form. Exclusive to your course. † See More
- A Quick Start Guide,to get you started on the course.
- 'How to Write Assignments' booklet (right). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- A sturdy ring binder that holds the course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.†
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.†
- 'How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course' booklet (right). Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- '49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service' booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- † In the online edition this is provided as downloadable PDFs.
- †† Not in online edition.
Above: the course contains
books, manual, audio,
guides, and much more
The Blackford Method and Pillars
You'll also get the Blackford Pillars and Method booklets with your course.
The Blackford Pillars
The Blackford Pillars are a set of 10 fundamentals that guide the new counsellor. They provide a basis for operating a sound and ethical practice. The Blackford Pillars are included in the course, and are not available elsewhere.
Adopting the Pillars will allow you to run a professional practice properly.
The Blackford Method
The Blackford Method is a unique ten-step method for:
The Blackford Method is included as part of the course. It is not available anywhere else.
If you follow the Blackford Method, you will succeed as a counsellor, assuming that you also have the innate ability to counsel clients.
You will receive an exclusive Practitioner's Manual, not available elsewhere.
It contains invaluable counsellor's records and forms, and much useful information.
Plus! Access your course online
Bonus 1. Counsellor's Toolkit (Value £37).
This ebook contains 21 tried and tested tools used by professional counsellors. They help you understand your client better, give the client insights into themselves, and let the client move forward with their life. If you're unsure how to help a client, these powerful tools provide instant aids. Each of the 21 tools includes practical 'how-to' instructions for use. Use the Counsellor's Toolkit and see your client transformed. This toolkit is not available anywhere else.
Bonus 2. Free mentoring when you complete the course (Value £460).
Once you complete the course, we’ll give you three months’ free business mentoring.
You’ll have a personal mentor who'll help you set up your own practice (if that's your choice).
For three months after getting your Diploma you'll get one-to-one advice and support from an active practitioner.
So if you're unsure on how to launch your own practice, this mentoring programme will put you on the road to success.
And because it's all part of the Blackford Centre's course, it won't cost you a penny.
Bonus 3: You get a free copy of Business Blueprints (Value £17)
This 47 page book contains complete step-by-step checklists for starting a successful business.
Click here to learn more about Business Blueprints.
Bonus 4. A Guide to Online Counselling (Value £16)
This guide teaches you how to offer an online counselling service. It's not available elsewhere.
Bonus 5. Your First Client Celebration Kit (Value £31)
What’s the first thing to do when you get your first client? The answer is: ‘Celebrate!’ And we’ll help you do that, because as soon as you get your first paid work after completing the course we’ll send you a celebration kit including fun items such as champagne glasses and other party items.
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
From time to time we improve, amend or extend the items
an advisor on