Divorce Coach Diploma
The Blackford Centre
42% of marriages end in divorce.
In the UK alone that's 207,000 unhappy people every year.
In the UK alone that's 207,000 unhappy people every year.
Help people cope when a relationship breaks down… become a Divorce and Separation Coach
- Are you sympathetic, resilient and forward-looking?
- Do your friends turn to you in a crisis?
- Would you like to help people deal with separation more positively?
… If so, becoming a divorce coach might be the perfect role for you.
Why people use a Divorce Coach
Divorce is a common experience. With over 40% of marriages in the UK ending in separation, the chances are that divorce will affect most people, directly or indirectly. It’s often a difficult experience for all involved. Aside from the practical implications, there is the welter of emotions - anger, fear, pain, humiliation, shame and resentment, to name a few. While solicitors can deal with the legal and financial side, their role is limited (or non-existent) when it comes to emotional support. In addition, friends and family can be too close to those involved to be detached and impartial.
If you’ve gone through divorce yourself, or you’re close to someone who has, you’ll know that it can be complicated and fraught, affecting far more people than the couple themselves. It’s tricky to find the help you need from people well-known to you, because everyone is dealing with their own burdens and challenges.
This is why divorce coaches play an important role. Like counsellors, they’re there to listen. They let people unburden themselves and work through their feelings in complete confidence. Unlike counsellors, they are also able to offer guidance and mediation on the practical aspects of separation.
Divorce coaches are trained to help clients deal with their separation constructively, so that they can move on with confidence and feel positive about their future.
How divorce coaches help
While solicitors cover the legal and financial side of separation, divorce coaches handle the emotional issues.
In many ways, it’s the part that matters the most, since facing up to the enormous changes that divorce brings can be overwhelming, even frightening.
Divorce coaches understand how separation works and how it affects those involved. Their experience and training means they can put the divorce into context for their clients, and they know how to respond at moments of crisis.
Separation can make people feel lonely and vulnerable. A coach provides personal, confidential support and practical advice. They can be there for as much of the divorce process as the client needs, and help with the transition into their future life. They focus on managing emotions, constructive communication and rebuilding self-esteem.
Divorce and separation coaches usually act for one person in the relationship, but they can also mediate in discussions about assets and co-parenting. They work with their clients to dissipate the emotional heat and keep everything focused.
Surprisingly, hiring a coach can even save people money overall, because it helps the separation go more smoothly, reducing solicitors’ fees.
How can you become a divorce coach?
If you’re a caring, practical person who is calm in a crisis and is always happy to provide a sympathetic ear, you’ve got the right temperament to help people cope with divorce.
- Perhaps you’ve experienced divorce yourself and thought, “There has to be a better way to do this".
- Maybe you’ve already helped friends or family through major emotional upheavals.
- Possibly you’re a divorce and family solicitor who'd like to offer additional support services to your clients.
You’re probably reading this and thinking, “This sounds like the perfect role for me. But how do I get started?”
That’s where our course comes in. We can teach you everything you need to know to become a divorce coach and run your own small business.
The practical advantages of the Blackford Centre course
The Diploma in Divorce Coaching teaches you the methods used by divorce coaches to help people move forward in their lives. It also helps you become a practising divorce coach. It reveals how you will set up your practice and finding clients.
It’s a vocational and business course in one, giving you the knowledge and tools to get started on your new career
Imagine how it would feel to run your own, successful business helping people cope with one of the most difficult experiences of their lives
Think of the sense of achievement you would have in fulfilling your career goals, while making a huge difference to the lives of others
What you’ll learn
Over nine comprehensive modules, our course covers all the knowledge and skills you will need:
- Divorce and the divorce coach - understanding separation and the divorce coach’s role
- Understanding and managing your client behaviour and attitudes
- Creating your divorce coach practice
- Helping the client recover from divorce - moving on, building confidence and self-esteem
- Supporting children, and dealing with relatives and friends
- Coaching the client - session structure and approaches
- Identifying and splitting assets
- Managing your money and the legal side of running a business
- Marketing your practice
In addition, we provide bonus materials such as a workbook library, affirmations and calming audio files that will help you support your clients.
You’ll also benefit from an array of useful documents, including advice sheets, rates guidelines and marketing leaflets, as well as checklists and business forms.
Once you complete the course, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills to become a practising divorce coach, practising divorce coach. You’ll be ready to start your fulfilling new career, helping people every day!
Why learn with The Blackford Centre?
The Blackford Centre has been providing life-changing, accredited distance learning since 1994.
When you take our course, you’ll benefit from:
- A comprehensive programme - detailed information delivered over video presentations, thousands of words of content and self-assessment exercises to track your progress.
- Total flexibility - study at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like, and take as long as you want to complete the course.
- Easy accessibility - the course will be permanently available online, plus you have the option of having a printed version delivered to your door.
- Expert assessment - you’ll get your own, friendly, personal tutor to mark your assignments. Your tutor will be a successful, practising entrepreneur, providing expert feedback and detailed email support.
- Real support - You can contact our fast response student support during all working hours, via phone, chat and email.
- Reputable credentials - an independently accredited, recognised course from a long-established, respected organisation. The Blackford Centre is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers.
- Qualifications - you’ll get a logo to add to your website and CV, and a printed diploma certificate for the wall of your home office.
If you have any questions, call us on 0800 781 17 15 (or +44 1373 470 270 if you're outside the UK), or any of the phone numbers at the bottom of the page, and we'll answer any queries you have.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
With best wishes
an advisor on