Event Planning Courses
Blackford Centre for Event Planning
What's in the pack?
Here's what you'll find in your course
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. Detailed, practical information that guides you skilfully towards becoming a professional event planner.
- 12 event planning assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- Copyright-free checklists, questionnaires, exercises and action plans for you to use on your clients. It's a complete toolkit that gets you started as a event planner.
- A useful case that keeps all your course material (not in the online-only edition).
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. This helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course booklet (right). Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- How to Write Assignments booklet (left). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help check that you can tackle each type of event.
- A techniques book to accompany the course materials (not in the online-only edition).
- Event planning templates to use on your computer.
- A planning system (right) that helps you be organised (not in the online-only edition).
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered (not in the online-only edition).
- The contact details for your personal tutor.
- Details of how to contact other students.
Plus! Access your course online
Bonus 1. Event planning software
With the course you'll receive Event Planner Pro, a piece of incredibly useful event planning software (RRP £94.99). It helps you plan and record all the important details for your clients' events in one easy-to-use program.
The software guides you through the planning of each individual aspect of an event. With it, you can record your finances, diary and supplier directory. And for each of your clients, you can keep track of their contact details, budget, suppliers for their event, their guestlists etc. Plus it can generate a profit and loss account for each of your clients or for your entire business. Click here to read more about the software.
Bonus 2. Free mentoring when you complete the course
Once you complete the course, we’ll give you three months’ free business mentoring.
You’ll have a personal mentor who'll help you set up your own business (if that's your choice).
For three months after getting your Diploma you'll get one-to-one advice and support from an active practitioner.
So if you're unsure on how to launch your own business, this mentoring programme will put you on the road to success.
And because it's all part of the Blackford Centre's course, it won't cost you a penny.
You get a free event planner's website, complete with sample text. Just change the text to suit your needs, upload it to your site, and you’ll have your own website!
If you went to a designer, they would charge you at least £385 for this work. And because we know what clients want from an event planner's website, the pages are better than what a designer would provide.
Click here to learn more about the free event planner's website.
Bonus 4. Read our Diary of a Professional Event Planner
Follow the highs and lows of a professional event planner's life, as our self-employed event planner reports each week on her experiences in the field. You'll get insights into her day, and learn from her successes and failures. The Diary is available exclusively to our learners.
Bonus 5. You get a free copy of Business Blueprints
This 47 page book contains complete step-by-step checklists for starting a successful business.
Click here to learn more about Business Blueprints.
Bonus 6. Your First Client Celebration Kit
What’s the first thing to do when you get your first client? The answer is: ‘Celebrate!’ And we’ll help you do that, because as soon as you get your first paid work after completing the course we’ll send you a celebration kit including fun items such as champagne glasses and other party items (Value £31).
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
an advisor on