Forensic Science Courses
The Blackford Centre for Forensic Science
Certificate in Forensic Science
Learn all about the fascinating subject of Forensic Science.
Blood on the walls. A murder weapon or bullet holes. Autopsy records and dental x-rays. The crime scene always leaves clues.
It could be a footprint in the soil, bloodstains on broken glass, or a piece of material hanging on a thorn.
To the forensic investigator, each clue tells a story. It matches the crime to the perpetrator as clearly as though he’d left his photograph on the kitchen table.
No wonder forensics is such a popular course. It combines state-of-the-art knowledge with the mystery of a crime novel.
But you don’t have to wade through endless academic material to understand the subject.
In this Certificate course, we explain everything clearly and concisely. That means you absorb the information faster.
Plus we make the subject interesting. Some courses manage to make forensics dull. And that’s not our way. All our course material is rigorously tested to make sure it’s lively and clear.
So if you want to learn more about forensics, this is the course for you.
13 fascinating in-depth modules
Our forensics course is a 13 module course that you receive in your inbox every 2 days.
Once you've enrolled, you'll begin to receive the course modules straightway.
Who’ll benefit from doing this forensics course?
If you want to work in forensics, or you want to know more about it, this course will be right for you.
You'll also find the course useful if you want to work in any of the following fields:
- Police officers
- Prison officers
- Social workers
- Youth work
- Probation officers
- Secret intelligence services
- Local authorities employees
- People working in the courts and judiciary
- Government employees
Anyone who wants to know more about forensics will find this course absorbing!
Are there prior requirements for enrolling?
No, there are no prior requirements for enrolling on this course. You don’t need any specific qualifications. You just need a desire to do the course.
What’s included in the course fee
- 13 Modules
- 26 Self assessment exercises
- 10 videos
- 13 computer marked assignments
Money Back Guarantee
We give you two guarantees:
1. Examine the course at your leisure for 60 days. And if you for any reason it doesn't meet your needs, just let us know and we'll refund your fees. No questions asked.
2. If, 90 days after completing the course, you haven't recouped the cost of the fees through working as a counsellor, we'll refund your course fees. Conditions apply
Why do we offer this? Simple. We don't want unhappy former students. We'd rather stay friends. And it stands to reason that no course can suit absolutely everyone who registers on it.
Upgrade and get Accreditation
For an extra £50 (total £199) you get a second, independent Level 3 Certificate from ABC Awards, a leading accreditation body and one that is recognised by Ofqual.
Click here to see more about ABC Awards (it opens in a new page).
The Award is further evidence of your knowledge of forensic science. It could help you get a job or gain promotion. To learn more about upgrading, contact us by phone or email.
Free eBook: Computer Forensics: Find the secret and hidden files. Learn how to unearth images and documents they don't want you to know about. 55 pages of information about computer forensics.
For full details of the topics covered, see Course Contents.
Outcomes of the Course
At the end of the course, you'll gave gained the following advantages:
- You’ll understand the essentials of forensics.
- You’ll know how to collect and protect evidence.
- You’ll learn how to take samples from live and dead bodies.
- You’ll understand how the bodies can reveal evidence of drugs, poisons, and burns.
- You’ll find out how to identify injuries such as blows of different types, and knife and gunshot wounds.
- You’ll know how to find evidence of arson and vehicle movements.
- You’ll understand how to find hidden evidence on computers
- You’ll be aware of how to extract information from hairs and fibres, and other microscopic items such as pollen.
How the course works
The course consists of informative text for you to read, which are supported by self-assessment exercises which help to check that you’ve understood the text.
At the end of each module you'll find a computer marked assignment. Complete the course, and you'll receive a downloadable certificate.
Method of Learning and Location
The course modules will be delivered to your email inbox every two days.
This means you can study the course at home or at work. You don’t attend a classroom. You'll be able to learn when it’s convenient for you, rather than having to get to classes at inconvenient places or times.
If you have any questions, call us on 0800 781 1715 (or +44 1373 837 464 if you're outside the UK) and we'll answer any queries you have.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
With best wishes
an advisor on