Want to be a screenwriter?
Register on our screenwriting course now
Ever dreamed of being a screenwriter? We can show you how.
Have you ever left the cinema disappointed that the film turned out the way it did, knowing that you could have made the same film great?
Or turned off the television as yet another dreary programme fails to capture your imagination?
Well, if you think you can do better, we’ll show you how. We can help you turn your creative vision into reality.
Our Diploma in Screenwriting course can open the door to a whole new world – and even a new way of life.
If you have the dream and the dedication, our course will give you the tools you need to develop your skills and rewrite the script for your own life.
You may already have an idea, however vague, for a film or sitcom or TV series. You may have a burning ambition to be a screenwriter or you may simply be attracted by the thought of acquiring new skills.
Whatever your situation, our course can help.
Why our course?
By signing up for our course, you’ll be taking a huge step towards achieving your dreams.
Imagine the excitement of learning the skills you need to turn your story into that blockbusting action/adventure, or laugh-out-loud comedy or tragic tearjerker.
Think about the satisfaction you will get from creating that all-important plot or bringing that central character to life.
Picture the challenge of creating sparkling dialogue that has the audience hooked on every word or creating the surprise ending to beat all surprise endings.
Our Diploma in Screenwriting can show you how.
A reality check
We really believe our course can teach you what you need to know to transform your story from a jumble of ideas into a professionally presented manuscript.
But we cannot promise it will be easy. Writing a screenplay requires discipline and screenwriting is an art. And just like learning anything new, it can take time and a lot of practice but imagine how you will feel when you have that finished manuscript in front of you.
If you are serious about learning the art of the screenwriter, you provide the will and the dedication and our course will teach you the skills you need.
We don’t give empty promises. Above everything else, we encourage all our students to be realistic when signing up for our courses.
It would be easy to tell you that by doing this course, you’ll be able to quit your day job within a couple of months.
Easy, but wrong
What we can tell you is that the market for screenplays is growing and growing. And you don’t just have to take our word for it. You can see for yourself.
- Every time you turn on the television, more channels appear, meaning more opportunities to sell your work. It is now almost impossible to put a figure on the number of channels because the increase has been so dramatic, both in the UK and the USA.
- Every time you go to the cinema, a new film company is up there on the screen. You might not be able to sell your screenplay to the Hollywood big boys but there are plenty of independent producers out there looking for good material and on the lookout for new talent.
- Films over the internet are now big business with many screenwriters using this medium to showcase their talent to the people that really matter.
And these ever-increasing markets mean only one thing – an ever-increasing opportunity for screenwriters to get their work on screen.
And with our course, that screenwriter can be you.
You'll get free software
When you register for the course, we also send you some free software:
Right on course
If you’ve decided to do a screenwriting course, the chances are you’ve come across plenty of internet sites offering to teach you the secrets of the craft.
But before you sign up to any course, we’d like to suggest you ask yourself the following questions:
- Will the course tell me what I need to know to get into screenwriting?
- Will the course offer me the unique flexibility to study when it is convenient for me, not for someone else?
- Will the course have been put together by expert writers with a passion for screenwriting and lots of experience of the real world of films and television?
- Will I get a personal tutor who will give me honest, realistic feedback on my work?
Why choose the Blackford Centre’s Becoming a Screenwriter course? Because with our course you can answer "yes" to all these questions.
We honestly believe that our Becoming a Screenwriter course is the best around.
Our course has been accredited at Level 2 by NCFE an awarding body recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
The course has been accredited under NCFE’s IIQ licence.
NCFE has been established since 1848. Over 340,000 learners from 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations choose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
To read more about NCFE please go to www.ncfe.org.uk
We are registered with NCFE under our corporate trading name of 'Home Study Courses Limited'.
Who signs up for the course?
People from all walks of life sign up for the Screenwriting course.
- People who have already tried to write a screenplay but have realised they would benefit from some expert guidance and advice.
- People who are creative and may have even tried their hand at writing but now want to specialise in writing for television or film.
- People who have a burning ambition to see their name on the big screen.
- People who want to share the story of their own life with others.
No matter who you are, no matter what your background, you can learn how to be a screenwriter. Our Becoming a Screenwriter course has no entry requirements. You provide the dedication and the dream and we'll provide you with the tools to make that dream happen.
By the way, don’t worry if you haven't studied for years, here at the Blackford Centre we strive to ensure that your learning experience is as accessible as it is enjoyable.
Our course is written in a straightforward, easy-to-understand style because we know that if are enjoying what you are reading, then you are learning more.
Read more: About the course
an advisor on