Special Educational Needs Courses
Blackford Centre for SEN
Diploma in SEN Course
What's in the pack?
Here's what you'll find in your course
- A sturdily bound set of 20 course modules that lies flat for ease of study. Detailed, practical information that covers every aspect of SEN.
- 9 assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by a practising SEN teacher.
- A useful case that keeps all your course material (not in the online-only edition).
- New! SEN Job Interview Kit. Learn what questions you'll be asked - and how to answer them. Packed with insider tips to help you get that dream job.
- An A-Z of terminology.
- Resources file, includes forms, organisations, and checklists essential for those working in SEN.
- A techniques book to accompany the course (not in the online-only edition).
- New Audio CD! Listen to the course in the car or on your iPod. The course now includes a CD and online mp3 version of the course which you can download. This means you can listen to the course wherever you are - while commuting or on holiday.
- How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course booklet. Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- How to Write Assignments booklet. This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- Interview with an SEN Assistant DVD. You'll get a DVD with your course that includes an interview with an SEN assistant. In it she discusses her role as an SEN assistant and the tasks that she completes on a day to day basis. It's a real insight into the life of an SEN assistant.
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. This helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Self-assessment exercises, including reflective activities. The assignments mostly involve scenarios and case studies based on real life.
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered (not in the online-only edition).
- The contact details for your personal tutor.
Plus! Access your course online
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
an advisor on