In six months time, you could be on a beach in Bali - earning money as well.
Want to teach TEFL? Earn money teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Have you always dreamed of travelling abroad and teaching English as a foreign language?
- Or would you like to teach English to foreign students in the UK?
- Do you need to earn money to help pay for you to see the world?
- Is it hard for you to find the time to attend classroom TEFL courses?
Then we can help!
Our online TEFL course is specifically designed for people like you who:
- want the benefits of distance learning with the support of a personal tutor
- want to travel abroad and get paid work
- want a recognised TEFL qualification
- want to study a TEFL course at their own pace
English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and the demand for TEFL teachers is high.
Our TEFL course will show you how to teach with confidence anywhere in the world.
In no time at all you could be teaching in South America, Asia, Africa, Europe or the UK.
You’ll work at your own speed, as we don’t believe in setting assignment deadlines and putting our students under unnecessary pressure.
Did you know that you don’t have to speak the students' language to be able to teach them? Our TEFL course methods mean you only ever speak English in your classes. It couldn’t be easier!
Just imagine, in a few months you could be teaching English to a class of Japanese, Malaysian, Italian or French students - without speaking a word of their native language!
Our TEFL course offers you:
- The opportunity to become a qualified TEFL teacher within 9 months (you can take the course over a longer period if you wish – this is the average time our students take to complete the course). Of course, you can also work through the course more quickly if you wish.
- A dedicated personal tutor, on hand to answer all your queries, mark your assignments, give you ideas and show you the best TEFL teaching methods.
- A comprehensive ten module course that will guide you through the process of becoming a successful TEFL teacher and show you how to teach with confidence. Each module aims to teach you the theory of TEFL, combined with practical exercises and assignments.
- Information on where to find the best TEFL jobs, both in the UK and abroad, and how to apply for them.
- The chance to earn money teaching English anywhere in the world.
We'll give you information on:
- What employers are looking for when they interview a TEFL teacher.
- What income you can expect to earn.
- Links to many of the best TEFL websites that experienced teachers use.
About the TEFL Course
Our TEFL course will give you all the advice and guidance you need to become a qualified TEFL teacher; from how to manage a class and write lesson plans to how to find a job when you’ve completed the course.
We’ve designed the TEFL course to help make it possible for people who don’t have the time to study at dedicated classes to achieve their goal of becoming a TEFL teacher. You’ll benefit from:
- Studying in your own time. There are no assignment deadlines – it’s up to you how long you take to complete the course.
- The personal support of your tutor. All our tutors are qualified TEFL teachers, and are experienced professionals. They’ll offer you as much help as you need throughout the course, in addition to the benefit of their knowledge when they mark your assignments.
- Detailed and constructive feedback on your work. You can ask your tutor questions as often as you wish, so if you’re unsure about something you won’t be alone. The assignments are based on real scenarios, so you get the chance to use what you’ve learnt. Your tutor will grade your assignments, so you can assess your performance as you study.
- A qualification. Once you’ve gained your Certificate in TEFL you’ll be able to start applying for jobs as a qualified TEFL teacher. It really is that easy!
The TEFL course Modules
Below is a taster of the modules of the TEFL course and the kind of things you’ll be studying.
This module introduces you to the principles of TEFL teaching and gives you an insight into the methods used. You’ll start learning how to teach TEFL straight away. It covers the basics of parts of speech, how they are formed and how to teach students how to use them correctly.
The module will also show you how to manage your study time to ensure you get the best out of the TEFL course.
2. The TEFL Market
Here we’ll cover what teaching English actually is, and how important it is throughout the world. You’ll learn about the different types of students and schools, and we’ll give you information on job opportunities and where you can work.
This module also gives you an introduction to teaching grammar, with plenty of ideas and examples of how to make grammar interesting. Many people are frightened of the word grammar, so we’ll show you that it really isn’t difficult to learn the basic rules.
3. You as the Learner
This module will give you some key information on learning methods that you’ll find both useful as a learner yourself, and for when you teach your students. We’ll show you how to make the most of your study time, which will be useful when you start to plan lessons.
We’ll cover the different grammatical structures, and show you how learning and teaching grammar can be fun. We also cover how to teach the use of correct punctuation, so you’ll never put a comma in the wrong place again!
This module of the TEFL course covers the importance of phonetic learning, and how we absorb words through sound. It will show you some useful phonetic teaching methods that will be invaluable to you as a TEFL teacher. This method is used to teach primary school children to read, and has a high degree of success. We’ll cover some of the common problems that occur with phonetic learning and how to overcome them.
5. The TEFL Teacher
You’ll learn in this module how to manage your students, from one-to-one teaching to a classroom of students. We’ll give you ideas on how to make your teaching methods interesting and rewarding for your students. You’ll also learn how to produce lesson plans and give your students positive feedback to help them develop. In addition we’ll give you some ideas on how to make your classroom a comfortable learning environment for your students.
6. The TEFL Students
Many different people want to learn English, for many different reasons. This part of the TEFL course will give you an insight into the type of student you could soon be teaching, from children to adults, from business learners to people learning to improve their basic language skills. We’ll show you how to manage different levels, and how to adapt your teaching skills to suit beginners, intermediate or advanced levels.
We’ll give you advice on how to establish the level of your students’ knowledge and how to develop that knowledge.
This module also shows you how to communicate successfully with your students so they respect you as their teacher. We’ll teach you how to hold the attention of a large group of students and how to work successfully in a one-to-one situation.
We’ll also examine the important issue of cultural differences, how to recognise them, and how to deal with them.
We’ll show you some of the many different ways of learning, and the best methods for teaching them. We’ll give you some useful tips on how to keep students motivated so you get the best from them. We explore the different needs of different levels and ages of students, and how best to teach each group of learners.
This section of the TEFL course will also teach you some useful techniques for correcting student work in a positive way to keep students motivated.
Another important part of this module is learning how to keep your files and records up to date. An organised TEFL teacher is a good TEFL teacher.
Our TEFL course will teach you a wide range of different activities that you can use to teach your students. You’ll learn about the different common TEFL teaching methods, incorporating speaking, listening, reading and writing.
We’ll also show you how to teach different class sizes, from single learners to groups in a classroom.
We’ll give you examples of the type of exercises you can use for each activity, and we’ll show you how to devise your own exercises for your students.
9. Focus on Key Skills
This module will give you an in-depth knowledge of the different methods of teaching the key TEFL skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing. We’ll show you how to come up with ideas for lessons that are interesting and focus on these key skills. We’ll give you ideas of where to look for reference information, so you’ll start to build up a portfolio of materials for your teaching.
10. The Next Step
The last module of our TEFL course will guide you through how to find work as a TEFL teacher. We’ll show you how to write a successful letter of application, how to find schools and contacts for work, sources of reference to use once you have TEFL work and who the recognised professional bodies are.
This is a 'hands-on' TEFL course, as we believe in preparing you for your career as a TEFL teacher as thoroughly as possible. Once you complete the course you’ll have a wealth of reference materials and ideas to start your TEFL teaching career. We can’t provide you with a classroom of students, but we can give you ideas on how to get teaching experience. You’ll find your tutor will be invaluable in advising you on how to get work.
Whilst you’re studying the modules of the TEFL course you’ll be set various exercises that will prepare you for your TEFL teaching. You’ll be researching where to find information and teaching materials, designing student tasks, coming up with ideas to make your lessons interesting and doing plenty of background reading.
So, when you start work as a TEFL teacher you can be confident that you’ve already got plenty of material to start teaching your students and you know where to look for the latest TEFL information.
Once you’ve got your Certificate in TEFL you’ll have a skill for life.
Become a TEFL teacher, and open up a world of opportunity.
Entry requirements for the TEFL course
The good news is there are no essential entry requirements for you to study our TEFL course. Whatever your background, as long as you have the motivation and drive to succeed you should be able to gain your TEFL qualification with our easy to follow TEFL course.
Many of our students find our TEFL course easy to study in their spare time, whilst continuing with their 'day' jobs, as there are no strict deadlines. Alternatively, you may have enough time to study the course intensively – it’s up to you.
You will find the following skills helpful:
- A good basic education
- Excellent English and grammar skills
- Good communication skills
- Creative skills
How long does the certificate course take?
Many students take nine months to complete the course. If you're busy, it could take you eighteen months. If you have spare time and you're prepared to work hard, you could complete the course in six months. But unlike other organisations, we set no time limit. You can take as long as you want. You study at your pace, not ours.
Students who satisfactorily complete the course are awarded the Certificate in TEFL. They receive the certificate, and the right to use the words Cert. TEFL (B. Inst.).
It's hard to know whether the course will suit you. And you probably have lots of unanswered questions. If you call us on 0800 781 1715 in the UK, 888-659-3897 (USA), or + 61 2 9620 4066 (Australia), we'll try to answer your queries.
But we also offer a guarantee: if you don't like the course (for any reason), just email us to cancel at any time within 60 days of receiving your pack, and we'll refund your course fees.
Why do we give this refund? Because we don't like to part on bad terms (life's too short). And we'd prefer you to say nice things about us.
But, you ask, does anyone actually claim a refund? Absolutely! Around five per cent of our students ask for their money back each month. And we're happy to pay them, because we know that the best course in the world won't suit every single person.
It's time to get started
Having read this far, you've got what it takes - motivation. Fill out the enrolment form now, because this is where the adventure and rewards begin. It's easy to start:
- Register now for the TEFL course by clicking here. If you need help or information, contact the Institute.
- We'll ship the course materials to you within seven days.
- When you get the course, read the first module. It's laid out in an easy-to-follow format. Then do the first assignment. Send it to your tutor for marking. They will return it to you with friendly advice and comments.When you get the course, read the first module. It's laid out in an easy-to-follow format. Then do the first assignment. Send it to your tutor for marking. They will return it to you with friendly advice and comments.
- Do the same for the other modules, until you reach the end of the course. By then, you'll be fully equipped to begin working as a TEFL teacher, whichever direction you choose to follow.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
With best wishes
an advisor on