Frequently Asked Questions
About the tutors
- Are the tutors cartoonists?
Yes, all tutors are working cartoonists.
- Does the cost for the course include everything I need? Or are there any extra fees?
There are no other costs or fees.
- Can I spread the cost of the courses over a period of time?
Yes. You can make five monthly payments. It costs 20% more. You can find the cost of paying by installments by clicking here.
- How could I get my money back if I don't like the course?
Just return the course in good condition within 60 days of receiving it, and we'll send you a full refund.
- How long does it usually take to complete the course?
Many students complete the course in nine months. But you can do it as quickly or slowly as you want. That's one advantage of distance learning.
- Do I need to finish the course within a certain time?
You can take as long as you want. Unlike other organisations, we don't set any time limits.
- What does the course cost?
You can find the cost of the course by clicking here.
- I live in the USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Borneo etc. Is the course suitable for me?
Yes. We have students in 28 countries.
- How can I contact my tutor or the Institute?
There have two types of people you can contact - your tutor and a course advisor.
The tutor marks your work, and helps you with any problems. You can fax, e-mail or post assignments to your tutor, whenever you want.
We don't give out the tutor's phone number, because a few people would spend all day talking to their tutors, who would never get any work done.
But sometimes students get stuck, or have an urgent query. If so, you can phone a course advisor at the Institute at any time during work hours. If you leave a message out of work hours we'll ring you back the next day. You can contact course advisors as often as you want, and about anything to do with being a cartoonist.
- Will the course give me credits towards a degree or some other study?
No. But it will help you set up and run your own business. And we encourage all students to continue their studies after completing the course.
When can I do the course?
- Can I start the course at any time?
Where can I study the course?
- Is the course all from home, or do I have to go to a test centre?
It's all from home.
How are we different to other providers?
- If you compare us with other course providers, notice that:
- Some organisations provide five or fewer assignments. These can lack structure.
- Some organisations don't teach you how to set yourself up as a cartoonist. Selling your work validates you as a cartoonist (to use some jargon). If you don't sell work, are you any good? Our course teaches you how to present you and your work to its best advantage, and give yourself the best possible chance of getting used
- Some don't provide course materials. We provide a complete starter pack, so you get off to a flying start
- Some organisations limit the amount of time you have to complete the course. Many course providers only allow you 12 months to complete the course. And after those 12 months are up they may require you to pay a fee to continue. With our course you can take as long as you need, without paying additional fees.
- Some organisations will only give you 7 days to return your course if its not right for you. If our course is not what you expected and you want a full refund we allow you 60 days to return it and claim your money back.
- Some organisations will charge you an administration fee to return the course. We refund all of your fees.
an advisor on