Divorce Coach Diploma
The Blackford Centre
The 9 Modules
1. Divorce and the Divorce Coach
- Why people get divorced.
- The divorce process
- The impact of divorce: emotions, life organisation, possessions and finances
- You as a divorce coach. Necessary skills and knowledge
- What a divorce coach does, and what they don’t do.
2. Understanding client behaviour and attitudes
- Understanding the client’s behaviour and attitudes
- Conflict management
- Effective communication in divorce
- The emotional aspects of divorce band how to deal with them
- The emotional stages of divorce: surprise, through shock, to anger and acceptance
3. Creating your Divorce Coach practice
- Therapy versus mentoring. The different roles
- Remote contact or face-to-face?
- Group sessions.
- The free initial call.
- Weekly or bi-weekly coaching.
- Group coaching calls: Eight hours of group time with me in weekly group coaching calls, where we review the key elements for the week ahead and you can ask any of your questions. Each call is approximately one hour.
- Understanding the TFAR chain
- Time out.
- Terminating the sessions
- The tailor-made divorce plan
4. Helping the client recover from divorce
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Building a support network
- Identifying repeated cycles of behaviour
- Moving on. Re-entering the dating world.
- Topical creams, oils and lotions. Balms, salves and liniments.
- Future proofing future relationships. Pre-nups. Understanding and finding the ideal soul mate
- Flaws for the client to be aware of, in themselves and others.
5. Children, relatives and friends
- The impact of divorce on the child’s
- The emotional stages of divorce for children
- Supporting children through divorce
- Dealing with in-laws
6. Coaching the client
- How to structure each session. Useful tools.
- Goals: POSERS or SMART
- Filters: VAK(OG)
- Modelling/ Milton System
- Time Lines
- Techniques to help the client manage their emotions. Stress reduction
- Breakup Recovery Retreats
7. Reviewing the client’s assets
- Understanding the client’s finances
- Identifying assets
- Splitting assets
8. Managing your money as a coach and staying legal
- Pricing your services
- Getting paid
- Keeping client files
- The legal form of your practice
- Your business name
- Keeping the books, your accountant, and paying tax
- Liaising with other professionals
9. Marketing your divorce and separation coach practice
- The different ways to market your business
- Creating a website. Online appointment booking
- The importance of networking
- Divorce lawyers. Divorce websites
- Publishing promotional material
- Where to advertise
- Using social media as a marketing tool
- Ebook, tips
- • Editable client and business forms, checklists and guides.
- • Assets guide.
- • ‘How to price your services’ document
- • Sample list of services and price list
- • Affirmations and epigrams for your clients
- • Calming hypnotherapy audio files
- • Software list for the divorce coach (including calendar booking)
- • Advice sheets for your client
- • Publicity and marketing leaflets
- • ‘Questions to ask your clients’ sheet
- • Library of divorce materials
an advisor on