Foot Health Care Courses
The Blackford Centre for Foot Health
Foot Health Care Practical Days
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to temporally pause our practical days.
We need to consider the safety of our students, the practitioners we work with, and the general public, and we don’t currently feel it would be safe for practical days to take place.
This is being regularly reviewed, and we will be launching these days again as soon as possible.
We offer practical days as an optional extra to the course for those who want some hands-on experience.
We organise a day with a practitioner who operates within 60 miles of your location. As a result, we do not have set centres, and cannot guarantee the exact location of the practical day in advance. We do however try to organise the event as close to you as possible.
This costs an additional £100 per day. We require payment in full once the practical day is set up, and a date arranged.
As an alternative you may wish to find work experience or voluntary work that you can organise yourself. It can save on the costs of booking the practical day through us.
However, if you cannot do that, or would prefer us to organise your practical work, we are happy to offer this practical day.
We ask our practitioners to cover the following as a part of the practical day:
The learner should observe:
- How you record medical details
- Assessment of a client’s feet, including diagnosis and discussion of treatments.
- Treatments being carried out
- Any advice being given on common musculoskeletal problems.
The practitioner should briefly discuss:
- Health and safety considerations
- GDPR and data protection
- When to refer a client to a GP, Podiatrist or Physiotherapist.
The learner should carry out:
- Trimming the toenails of at least one client
- Assist in applying a dressing or topical treatment to at least one client.
The practitioner should answer:
- Any questions that you may have in relation to providing basic foot care.
an advisor on