Certificate in Forex Trading
The Blackford Centre
What you’ll learn
1. Introduction to Forex
- What is Forex?
- Currency pair types.
- Key terminologies in forex
- What moves currency pairs in the short and long-term
2. Setting up as a Trader
- Creating your trading room/office.
- Selecting a good broker.
- Setting your trading software
- Demo vs. Live accounts
- Websites to use when trading
3. Installing and Configuring MT4
- Introduction to MetaTrader.
- Differences between MT4 and MT5
- Downloading and installing MT4
- Parts of MT4
- Setting up trading charts
4. Chart Reading Essentials
- Introduction to charts in forex.
- Types of charts in forex.
- Candlestick charts reading basics.
- Reversal candlestick patterns
- Continuous candlestick patterns
- Support and resistance, channels, and pivot points.
5. Forex Trading Technical Analysis
- Introduction to technical analysis
- Technical indicators in analysis
- Elliot wave analysis in forex
- Fibonacci retracement
- Andrew’s Pitchfork
6. Forex Trading Fundamental Analysis
- Introduction to fundamental analysis.
- Introduction to interest rates.
- The economic calendar
- Trading the news
- Carry trade strategies
- Tips for fundamental analysis
7. Forex Trading strategies
- Introduction to forex trading strategies.
- Fundamentals of day trading.
- Using technical analysis in day trading.
- Fundamentals of swing trading
- Algorithmic trading
8. Your Trading Plan
- The importance of writing a trading plan
- Trading philosophy
- Trading psychology
- Trading time frame
- Daily routine
9. Risk Management
- Introduction to risk and risk management.
- Risk management basics
- Trading capital
- Position sizing
- Risk management concepts
- Risk reward ratio
- Stop loss
10. Trading Psychology
- Introduction to Trading psychology
- Why emotions matter when trading
- Benefits of managing your emotions in the market
- How to manage your trading psychology
11. Continuing your Trading Journey
- Stages all traders go through
- Growing your trading business
- Continuous learning
- Tips and mistakes when trading
an advisor on