Break into the Big Time
Freelance Breakthrough - course syllabus
Module 1 Freelancing Essentials
- 7 things you need when starting online freelancing
- How to make a living as a freelancer
- How to improve your profile
- What you can expect as a freelance beginner
This module links to The 'Magic Habits' Rule, the Blackford Centre system for building routines that lead to success.
Module 2 What are the best Freelancing Niches
- Niches in the freelancing world
- The most lucrative freelance work categories
- The main skills a freelancer needs
- Identifying what you can do
This module includes the 'Demand to Value' equation, the Blackford Centre's system for identifying high-demand niches that pay the most.
Module 3 How to Acquire the Right Skills
- Acquiring the right skills
- Finding out what skills are in demand
- Continued professional development
This module works with the 'Income Earners Rule', the Blackford Centre's system that identifies what skills you need to acquire and where to get them.
Bonus item Our 'free training resources' list.
Module 4 The Best Sites for Freelance Jobs
- Popular freelance job sites
- How freelance sites work
- The power of social media
- How to avoid being conned by unscrupulous sites and clients.
Module 5 How to Craft a Winning Proposal
- What a good proposal looks like
- What a proposal does
- Things to avoid in your proposal
- Creating proposals that grab the buyer
- Using the RISE formula
This module links to the 'Powerful Pitches' Method, the Blackford Centre's strategy for creating winning proposal documents.
Module 6 How to Set your Rates
- How to set your rates
- Respecting the standard of the freelance industry
- How to price with little or no experience
- How to raise your prices
This module includes the 'Potent Pricing Plan', our system that shows you to to set and maximise your rates.
Module 7 How to Manage your Projects, Time and health
- How to manage you time
- How to manage you projects and payments
- How to manage your health needs
This module works with the 'Tailored Tools Model' which identifies the most valuable tools for freelancers.
Module 8 How to Build a Great reputation as a Freelancer
- How to build a good reputation as a freelancer
- How to create a good relationship with your clients
- The importance of thanking your client and asking them for a reference
This module links to the 'Winning Insights Formula', the Blackford Centre's method for reaching into the mond of the client - something ordinary freelancers fail to do.
Module 9 Challenges Freelancers Face
- Challenges Freelancers Face
- Strategies to overcome your challenges
- Finding clients
- Dealing with busy and slow periods of work
- How to deal with difficult and unreliable clients
- Mistakes freelancers make
- How to handle rejection
This module works alongside the 'Mental Firepower Strategy', our system that keeps you focused and on track for success, even in the hardest of times.
Module 10 Beyond the Job Sites
- What is beyond the Job Sites
- Getting your name out there
- Word of mouth and networking
- How to find freelance work from local business
This module links to the 'Freedom Flight Path' principles, our detailed strategy for getting clients beyond the freelance sites.
Module 11 How to get Repeat Business as a Freelance
- The importance of getting repeat business
- Tips for getting repeat business
This module works with our 'Repeat and Refresh' document, which explains how to build a marketing funnel that brings you a regular stream of enquiries.
Module 12 How to Build your own Agency
- Understanding who you will collaborate with
- The different categories of collaborators
- The importance of continuing your marketing
- Sharing the workload
- Creating business systems
- New agency failings to avoid
This module is associated with 'The Power of Others' Procedure, the Blackford Centre's guide to getting other people to work for you.
an advisor on