Feminism, Women and Gender Studies Course
Diploma in Gender Studies
Arm yourself with the facts and the arguments about feminism.
Some facts about women could make you rub your eyes in wonder. Facts like:
• 89% of the directors in the top 100 companies are men. Only 11% are women.
• At least 47,000 women are raped every year in the UK.
• Only 2 in 10 MPs are women.
• In Egypt, 9 out of ten women have their clitoris cut off (to prevent them enjoying sex).
You don’t have to be a dungaree-wearing feminist to ask yourself how we got into this situation.
How did it happen? Are women lacking in ambition? Do some women invite rape or mutilation? Or are there other causes at work?
On the Diploma in Gender Studies course we look at a range of issues relating to gender, and invite you to make up your own mind.
- Should the burqa be banned?
- Is prostitution damaging to women?
- Why do women make up two-thirds of the low-paid?
- Should we protest about Playboy underwear and PornStar pencil cases for pre-adolescent girls?
- Why do the churches obsess about homosexual people?
- As boys fall behind in exam results, what does the future hold for men?
Unlike traditional courses, this Diploma in Gender Studies is very accessible. On the course you’ll find fascinating facts, challenging issues and knotty problems.
The course comes to your door. It includes entertaining videos, stimulating articles and alarming news items.
Is the course endorsed?
Yes. Our course has been endorsed under the Quality License Scheme.
This means we have undergone an external quality check to ensure that our organisation and the courses we offer meet certain quality criteria.
Endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
To this end, the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at QLS Level 3 Award against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
When you successfully complete this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
And you can study at your own pace, with the help of your own tutor.
The Diploma in Gender Studies will help you understand some key issues, questions and debates surrounding gender studies.
When you’ve completed the course, you’ll be better able to argue your case. And whenever issues of gender are raised on TV, films and newspapers, you’ll be able to see through fallacies and even misogyny more clearly.
The course will increase your awareness of the amazing history of women, and you’ll get a glimpse into the lives of women in the developing world.
You’ll also examine ideas about race, class and sexuality in addition to gender, because it’s so many issues are intertwined.
Although you study at home, you won’t be on your own. You’ll have a friendly tutor, plus a named course advisor. And you’ll be able to mingle with other students at our online students’ area.
So if gender issues have been on your mind for some time, now is the time to equip yourself with a qualification, and immerse yourself in the absorbing and world of women’s studies.
Money Back Guarantee
Examine the course at your leisure for 60 days. And if you for any reason it doesn't meet your needs, just let us know and we'll refund your fees. No questions asked.
Why do we offer this? Simple. We don't want unhappy former students. We'd rather stay friends. And it stands to reason that no course can suit absolutely everyone who registers on it.
When you finish the course
Once you complete the course, you’ll receive your Diploma in Gender Studies, which is a recognition of your skills and knowledge.
You've read this far, so you've got the necessary motivation.
Here are the next steps:
- Register online by clicking here. If you need help or information, write or phone the Blackford Centre.
- We’ll send you the full course materials within 7 days - anywhere in the world.
- When you get the course, read the first module. It’s laid out in an easy-to-follow format. Then do the first assignment. It asks you simply to describe your life, your interests and your aims. Email or post it to your tutor for assessment. Your tutor will return it to you with friendly advice and comments.
- Do the same for the other modules, until you reach the end of the course. By then, you'll have a thorough understanding of gender studies.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
an advisor on