Diploma in Remote Workforce Management
The Blackford Centre
Managing the Remote Workforce
How to create loyal, contented and productive employees - no matter how distant they are
- Are more of your staff now working from home?
- Has your workload increased?
- Do you know what they’re doing each day?
It’s a very current problem. You have more people who work from home. And while that saves office space and helps keep employees safe, it gives you a new headache.
In the past you could walk around an office and see if people were busy. Now you can’t. It’s easy to assume home-based people are working hard. But what if they are only working for 50% of their time? What if the organisation has twice as many people as it really needs?
And that’s the solution this Diploma course provides. Over seven modules we help you get a wider view of your remote workforce, give you better management tools, and get you to start implementing them.
As you work through the course, you’ll feel yourself more in charge of the remote workforce.
- There will be fewer crises, less fire fighting and fewer HR issues. You’ll have more time to think strategically.
- You’ll be able to identify over-manning, and get better reports of staff activity.
- And you’ll be in charge all the way. We know that every organisation is different. So you and your colleagues will decide on the degree of control. Your systems should reflect your corporate culture, whether that’s easy-going, hard-nosed, or somewhere in between.
Over the coming weeks and months you’ll see how to merge jobs, make staff redundant, or add new types of supervisor. You’ll be able to change roles, implement new reporting systems, and make accurate forecasts.
And how will you manage their supervisors? This course will help you achieve that.
How are your employees adjusting?
Initially your employees will relish their new found freedom at home. But as time goes by some will begin to take advantage of their apparent invisibility. They will take the dog for a walk, do some online shopping, and take over the childcare. Without clear processes, you won’t know what’s going on.
The Diploma course will give you up to date techniques, policies and procedures to manage a remote workforce.
Is this you?
- Are you facing challenges in adapting to the remote working environment?
- Are you concerned about the performance of your workforce?
- Do you want to help your employees adjust to new ways of working?
- Do you need to stay abreast of those new working styles?
- Are you hoping to create loyal and productive workers?
If so, this course is one of the most important opportunities to become skilled in the new world of remote management.
How the course works
When you enrol you'll have immediate access to the online edition of the course. And if you get the printed edition, you'll receive a box of materials from Fedex within a couple of working days.
The course has seven modules, covering all aspects of managing the remote workforce.
Each module contains videos, instructional text and self-assessment exercises. And every module also has a tutor-marked assignment that gives you the chance to identify the challenges and solutions specific to your organisation.
Your tutor will be an expert in the field of remote working. And you can contact them whenever you need.
Why enrol on the course?
Maybe you're looking to learn new methods and policies to master the art of managing a remote workforce? Or perhaps you're looking to improve current skills to increase the overall productivity.
The business environment has changed rapidly. Technology has reached a tipping point. The economic outlook isn’t good. Unemployment rates are expected to rise, and many employees won’t have the same opportunity for growth they once had.
This Diploma course on Managing the Remote Workforce helps you tackle the big challenges - to improve communication, increase retention, improve skills and enhance your own skills.
Eight compelling reasons to become a remote work expert
- Better leadership skills: As a leader you're responsible for continuously developing new capabilities. This course enables you to create positive change.
- Improved mentoring and consultation skills: As a mentor you can help employees create a work-life balance that allows them to fulfill their personal and professional needs.
- Enhanced communication skills: Sending timely, accurate and actionable information to remote workers is essential. This course helps you to gain relevant knowledge about the use of the right technologies and soft skills.
- Learn about new worker management frameworks: A remote working environment is still new to some companies. But analysts say a remote working environment will become a norm for businesses in the future. So you need new management frameworks to achieve a loyal and productive remote workforce. Efforts you make today will generate substantial rewards for managers in future years.
- Deploy the right remote working technologies: Technological advances have created new tools and methods for telecommunicating. You need to identify and adopt the right technologies, and this course will help you achieve that.
- Understand the organisational culture: Sets of principles and values followed by a company directly impact employee engagement and turnover rates. Managing a remote workforce is a tough task, especially when it comes to cultural compatibility. The course helps to achieve objectives related to diversity and inclusion, and thus, managers’ abilities improve to ensure sustainability in employees’ performance. Transforming culture can help you achieve projected employees’ performance, while a lack of cultural understanding can result in employees’ low motivation and confidence.
- Improve engagement: Much of any organisation’s activities depend on employees’ involvement and contributions. Understanding your remote workers is essential for identifying the areas of improvement in business processes. The course will help you select methods that improve employee motivation.
- Recommend future improvements: The course will help you come up with new ideas that will optimise your remote workers’ performance.
Why learn with the Blackford Centre?
- You can start the course whenever you want.
- Study at your own pace. Take as long as you want.
- 8 videos. Sit back and relax while learn.
- More than 25,000 words of content.
- Detailed information on how to implement the ideas behind ‘Managing the Remote Workforce’.
- The course content is permanently available to you online - plus you have the option of printed material delivered to your door.
- Assignments marked by your own personal tutor, who will be a practising business coach
- Fast telephone and email support.
- Long established, since 1995.
- Endorsed by ABC Awards
- ‘Remote workforce expert’ logo to add to your CV.
- Printed Diploma certificate for your wall.
an advisor on