Management Consulting Courses
The Blackford Centre for Management Consulting
Certificate in Management Consulting
Want to be a Management Consultant?
If you want to join the ranks of high earning management consultants, read on.
- Do you have management experience?
- Want to earn a bigger income?
- Want to put your skills to work?
Whatever your motives, there's an amazing new career waiting for you.
Management consultants earn large sums of money - up to £200 ($310) an hour. And you could be one.
You may have encountered management consultants at your own workplace. And you may have thought, "That looks like a great way to earn a living."
But how do you get to become a management consultant? Well, the easiest way is to register for our self-study course. We'll teach you everything you need to know about becoming one.
Here are some of the methods you'll learn when you register on the course:
- How to earn money advising businesses
- How to train corporate staff. It's a lucrative line of work because once you've designed a training session, you can repeat it with other businesses - year after year.
- How to find out what companies need. It's the secret to winning an assignment.
- How to meet chief executives - and pitch your ideas to them.
- How to price your services right, so you can get the maximum income for the least effort.
- How to magnify the apparent size of your consulting business.
You'll also gain this priceless information:
- What types of advertising and promotion work best for consultants
- Which are the top 20 business consulting assignments? And how to execute them.
- How to gain hidden information from client staff that does the work for you.
- How to build a network of colleagues, enabling you to offer a wide range of services.
- How to write a consultancy report that gets read and acted upon.
- How to overcome people's resistance to change. We show you how to get hostile audiences on your side.
- How to set up a website that generates sales leads.
- How to create powerful sales literature that gets the phone ringing.
- How to set up your business office. And how to handle calls when you're on an assignment.
- How to determine what kind of staff you need. And how to avoid paying unnecessary wages.
How the course is delivered
Our management consulting course is a 15 module self-study course that we email to you once a week with a new module to study.
Once you've enrolled, you'll begin to receive the course modules.
In each module you'll find self-assessment exercises that help you check what you've learnt.
There is a final computer-marked exam. Once you've passed you will receive your Certificate in Management Consulting
So, what exactly do management consultants do?
Management consultants solve companies' problems, and help them do things better. In fact, whenever a company faces change, or has a problem, you'll find a management consultant helping them.
Management consultants often specialise in an area they have experience in, such as marketing, human resources or finance. But as you become more experienced, you'll grow in confidence, and you'll be able to offer consulting services across all aspects of management.
That isn't surprising, because companies often encounter a problem that they have no expertise in, such as how to move premises, how to make lots of people redundant, or how to find new agents. And because we give you our fail safe little black book of management consulting methods, you'll know how to make it happen.
We offer a cast iron, money-back, no-quibble guarantee.
If you don't like the course (for any reason), just email us to cancel at any time within 60 days of receiving your pack, and we'll refund your course fees.
Why do we give this refund? Because we don't like to part on bad terms. Life's too short to fall out with people. And we'd prefer you to say nice things about us.
But does anyone actually claim a refund? Absolutely! Around five per cent of our students ask for their money back each month. And we're happy to pay them, because we know that the best course in the world won't suit every single person.
Can you analyse business problems?
As a management consultant, you need to be logical. You must be able to identify the key issues that lie behind any problem.
You should be level headed, clear thinking, and not rush to judgment. You also have to be aware of the politics of any problem. Often managers will suggest solutions that benefit their own department or hamper another division.
Why management consulting is ideal for the mature executive
It's terrible to admit, but a lot of senior executives find it hard to get a job - just when they're at the height of their ability. Why? Because we live in an ageist world, where businesses prefer to hire young blood.
So if you're in that predicament, of having lots of knowledge but less success at finding a job, take seriously the thought of becoming a self employed management consultant.
Management consulting is one field where clients aren't surprised to find mature people - because it helps if the consultant has gained a lot of prior experience.
And once you've become a management consultant, here's the worst thing you'll find. You'll be cross that you didn't do this long ago.
Ask any management consultant, "Would you go back to your previous job?" And they'll say "No" straightaway. It's the combination of self-respect, independence and earning power, plus the freedom from petty bickering and departmental politics, that makes consultancy so rewarding.
What you'll learn from the course
By the end of the course, you'll have acquired the following skills:
- You'll understand exactly what a management consultant does, and be able to do those things.
- You'll have learned the skills, techniques, and "tricks of the trade" of the professional management consultant.
- You'll know how to confidently get profitable business.
Upgrade and get Accreditation
For an extra £50 (total £197) you get a second, independent Level 3 Certificate from ABC Awards, a leading accreditation body, and one that is recognised by Ofqual.
Click here to see more about ABC Awards (it opens in a new page).
The Award is further evidence of your abilities as a professional management consultant. It could help you attract more clients. To learn more contact us by phone or email.
If you have any questions, call us on 0800 781 17 15 (or +44 1373 470 270 if you're outside UK), or any of the phone numbers at the bottom of the page, and we'll answer any queries you have.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
With best wishes
an advisor on