Natural Skin Care Courses
Blackford Centre for Natural Skin Care
Make your own skincare products and launch your own brand!
- Are you tired of shopping for skincare products, only to be disappointed by the number of chemicals and preservatives found inside?
- Interested in creating your own natural skincare products?
- Are you looking for a way to transform your creative passion into a potential business?
Whether you'd like to develop a skincare product for personal use or to launch a new business, a Diploma in Natural Skincare will get started on the right track and set you up for success.
Creating your own products is one of the most satisfying things you can do. You'll be taking control of your life. You'll know exactly what you're putting on to your face and hands. You'll be protecting your family. And best of all you'll be able to express your creativity in a meaningful way.
Imagine being able to say "Have this moisturiser. It's my gift to you. I made it from only the purest of natural ingredients."
By joining the Diploma in Natural Skincare course, you'll be undertaking a journey of discovery. You'll be making face cream at home. You'll learn handmade cosmetics recipes. And you'll produce skincare remedies that could in time be worth millions.
Friends will turn to you for advice. Strangers could ask for your autograph in the street. You could get calls from from influential companies like Estée Lauder, Nivea or Shiseido.
We've all been shopping for skincare products, only to be perplexed by the chemicals that lurk in the creams, lotions and serums that we apply to our skin on a daily basis. So why should you use products that contain strange chemical names and hard-to-pronounce additives?
The best solution is to go back to basics and create your own natural skincare products.
Pollution and oxidative stress wreak havoc on the skin. You value the health of your skin and you want to keep it in good condition – which is why using natural products without all the extra ingredients is the way to go.
More and more of us are opting for simpler products with a handcrafted touch – a perfect reason for learning how to make your own.
Maybe you'd like to go one step further and develop your own skincare brand?
There is a rising demand for natural and organic products, according to Statistia.com. In 2016, 57 percent of US women said it was important to buy all-natural skin-care products.
Around the globe people are spending an eye watering $127 billion each year on skincare products, as they seek to manage their skin, fight back against pollution and aging; and give their skin a healthy dose of nutrients and antioxidants.
Skincare is an important part of daily life. Many of us start and end our day with a skincare routine. And 60% of people have a skin problem at some point in their life, so there's a big need for advice and suitable proucts.
A Growing Industry
The skincare industry is growing each year and is expected to hit $154 billion by 2021. So your investment of time and money in the course will be well rewarded.
Starting your own brand comes with its own perks and benefits, too. You can:
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Set your own hours
- Determine what you want to sell
- Increase your income – whether you want to supplement an existing income or start a new career entirely.
Turning your creative passion into a business will also give you freedom. Freedom to choose what you put on your skin, freedom to create products in the comfort of your own home, and the freedom to choose just how big you want your new business to grow.
With a Diploma in Natural Skincare, you'll be able to create skincare products that fit your needs, and help others. Isn't that an uplifting thought?
In addition to learning how to create your own natural skincare business with this course, you’ll also develop valuable, marketable skills that position you as an expert in skincare. With this knowledge, you’ll be ready to launch your own brand of products in speciality boutiques and stores, or create beautifully made gifts for friends and family!
What's the best way to learn?
So, how will you learn about skincare? Books and blogs are great, but they lack feedback. You don’t know if you're doing it right. And that can be dangerous.
Classroom courses work well for people who have a completely open schedule in which to take classes throughout any time of day. Classroom learning also appeals to extroverts, or those who like working in a group setting.But there are many restrictions that come with classroom learning. If you work, are a full-time parent or have family obligations, the ability to arrange a schedule to attend classes adds stress to daily life. Also, not everyone works well in a social setting – especially for those who prefer to learn at an individual pace or prefer not to work in groups.
One alternative to classroom learning is distance learning. The advantage of this type of study is that your coursework is self-paced and you can complete your lessons no matter where you are or the time of day in which you choose to work on assignments. However, some distance learning has disadvantages. Many distance learning courses are done purely online. And that means all your course materials are found online only. It means you have to be connected to the internet to access their content. Who wants to be tied to a computer whenever you find the time to study?
It's not easy reading technical content on a screen. That's why we at the the Blackford Centre offer a better solution, one that offers both printed texts (for ease of learning) plus online content for videos and interactive content.
You might prefer to have a physical book to study in a coffee shop, a quiet spot at home, or in a library. You can make notes, highlight a specific line of text, or make notes on the go; while the online content gives you the ease of learning from video.
And because it's more than just an online course, you'll get a starter kit that provides all the ingredients for making several of the tutor-marked assignments.
All this physical content delivered to your door means a higher cost to us and therefore much better better value for you compared with some PDFs and videos someone put online and then left you to download.
Support? You'll have your own tutor. You’ll have email support throughout the course. And there's no time limit. Start whenever you want, and take as long as you need to finish.
The course is independently accredited and is recognized by reputable professionals.
Best of all the course comes with its own comprehensive starter kit, which contains all the materials you need to complete the coursework and obtain the skills you desire.
Benefits of Studying with The Blackford Centre
Your time is valuable and if you’re taking a course with The Blackford Centre, there’s a good chance you’re ready to learn some highly desirable skills and knowledge to take the next important step in life.
There are numerous benefits to studying at The Blackford Centre, including:
- Begin the course at any time, no matter where you are
- Self-paced study. Need extra time? You can take as long as you want
- Starter kit is included, complete with hands-on materials to create nine various products
- Personal tutor, in addition to 9 tutor-marked assignments
- Multimedia resources – including visual content
- Extensive content materials – over 37,000 words of valuable, pertinent information to absorb and prepare you for your new career with confidence
When you begin your coursework for the Diploma in Natural Skincare, you’ll work independently on your lessons, creating nine products to get you started well on your way to developing your own natural skincare line.
Each of the projects come with a step-by-step guide – photos included – to show you exactly how every product is made. Once you’ve created your products, you’ll send photos and feedback to a professional tutor for an evaluation. Tutors at The Blackford Centre are highly experienced and provide you exceptional direction in ensuring you’re moving forward with the best skills and expertise.
The Blackford Centre knows how important it is to obtain a quality education, which is why this course on Natural Skincare is approved by a professional cosmetologist.
What You’ll Learn with This Course
So, you want to start your own natural skincare line and you’re ready to dive right in to the lessons. This in-depth course shows you everything you need to know to get started!
As you move through the various modules, you’ll create nine quality products, including:
- Lotion Bar
- Massage Oil
- Facial mask
- …and more!
There are 14 different modules in the Diploma in Natural Skincare, all expertly written and designed to give you a full immersion into the world of skincare and running your own business.
Some of the business concepts you’ll learn while taking this course include:
- How to create your own business plan
- Keeping track of your budget and spending
- Paying taxes and other expenses
- Insurance recommendations
While learning about skincare is important, creating your own business is difficult if you don’t know where to start. This Diploma in Natural Skincare offers insight to both aspects in order to provide you the right knowledge and tools you’ll need to get started with your own business after completing the modules.
What you'll discover
If you have a passion for skincare products but want to know more about the science and physiology of skin, you’re in luck! One entire module is dedicated to learning about the skin and the overall structure, as well as what causes some of the most common skin concerns and conditions. Within each module, you’ll have exercises and assignments to ensure you’re making the most of your time. Here’s what you can expect to learn while completing the coursework:
- Your Skin – You’ll begin by understanding what makes your skin amazing and why you should choose natural ingredients over shop-bought products. From the first module, you will start learning how to position your new business for success and begin learning about your target market.
- Skin Care essentials – Why does the skin need moisturiser? Are body butters different from other lotions? The next module is dedicated to all things hydration – you’ll learn about various essential oils, moisturising ingredients like humectants and emollients, as well as natural thickeners and high performance ingredients.
- Face – Facial skin is highly delicate and needs extra care. In this module, you’ll get an in-depth look at how to treat this skin through therapeutic ingredients and choosing the best active ingredients. In addition, you’ll learn how to create specialised formulas to accommodate a number of facial skin types and conditions.
- Hands – Often neglected in favour of other areas of the body, one module is dedicated entirely to the health of the hands. You’ll learn how to care for this particular region, as well as address many of the common concerns, including cracked skin and rough texture. In this module, you’ll begin developing business skills that you’ll utilise once you’re done with the course – finding suppliers and determining your product costs are two important topics you’ll cover.
- Hair – Hair health is very closely linked with proper skin care, so you’ll learn even more once you’ve completed this module. Coursework goes over topics such as common hair issues, advantages and disadvantages of handmade shampoos and conditioners, as well as learning the benefits of hair masks, rinses and sprays. You’ll also study the technology and ingredients behind shampoo – two important components of hair and scalp health.
- Aromatherapy – Learn how to implement the therapeutic benefits of essential oils into your skincare products. An entire module is dedicated to the properties of essential oil, as well as blends, carrier oils, and how to choose the right scents for your needs. You’ll also learn about body and massage oils, as well as oils used in facial cleansing, bath oil and dry oils.
- Bath and Shower – Study how natural herbs and botanicals can benefit the skin and muscles in this module. Topics of interest include choosing, blending and preparing the proper herbs and botanicals to create therapeutic products, in addition to creating bath and shower products for a specific skin type.
- Feet – The feet are subjected to a lot of pressure each day, so in this module you’ll learn tips and techniques to give them the pampering they deserve. Topics that are explored include physiology and structure of the foot, as well as common ailments such as calluses and blisters. Skin on the feet is different than other parts of the body, so you’ll learn how to nourish it properly.
- All About Soap – Soap is a daily essential for a clean body and you’ll learn how it plays a role in proper hygiene. This module also goes over important topics such as soap making chemistry, equipment and ingredients needed to make your own soap, how-to tutorials, and an overview of all the various types of soap – bars, liquids, melts and balms.
- Skin Care Consultations – Once you’ve learned about how skincare products are made and created, you’ll finish your expertise training to further your status as a skincare consultant. This essential module gives you a complete look at the career of a consultant, including how to create a safe work space, develop a consultation for customers, learn how to assess and examine your client’s skin, and create a beneficial treatment plan for all skin types and conditions.
- Creating Your Brand – Knowing the law is important when you start your own business – so is knowing your customer! This module highlights everything you need to consider in order to develop a successful skincare line for your potential customers, including understanding what your customers need, how to create a logo and mission statement, design packaging and how to ensure you keep all aspects of your business legal.
- Marketing – You can create your business and the products you want to sell, but you need to know how to market your brand if you expect to grow. A complete module breaks down the entire marketing and advertising process, from launching your products to developing an online presence. You’ll learn how to draft a marketing plan, which will increase your chances for entrepreneurial success!
- Understanding Finance – If finance isn’t your strong suit, don’t worry – this module highlights everything you need to know to get your new business up and running. You’ll create a budget, learn how to track your expenses and profits, plan for taxes, and properly protect yourself and your business with the addition of insurance.
Get Ready to Launch!
Once you’ve completed the assignments, you’re ready to start your new career as a skincare consultant and creator of a natural skincare line! To recognize your successful completion of the coursework, you’ll receive:
- A printed diploma to display in your home or office.
- A ‘certified skincare expert’ logo to include in your resume and cover letters
- Ongoing support to help you successfully launch and market your new products
If you’ve ever thought about creating your own natural skincare line, but didn’t know where to start, this course provides you with all the steps from start to finish in creating a successful new business. No matter what motivates you – whether it’s creating safe products to use on your skin or using your expertise to provide clients with exceptional skin care recommendations and therapy advice, your Diploma in Natural Skincare will serve you and your community for years to come.
The Blackford Centre prides itself on providing top-notch distance learning education for those who are passionate about creating new careers and increasing personal development. The Diploma in Natural Skincare provides thorough detail on everything you need to know in order to create a successful skincare brand, and with the help of tutors, you’ll have the confidence to know your products are well-made and thoughtfully created from the start.
Imagine walking down the aisle of your favourite boutique or store and seeing your natural skincare line available for purchase – with training and hands-on knowledge, all the tools and materials are at your fingertips to create the lifestyle you’ve always wanted!
What are you waiting for?
We offer a cast iron, money-back, no-quibble guarantee.
If you don't like the course (for any reason), just email us to cancel at any time within 60 days of receiving your pack, and we'll refund your course fees.
Why do we give this refund? Because we don't like to part on bad terms. Life's too short to fall out with people. And we'd prefer you to say nice things about us.
But does anyone actually claim a refund? Absolutely! Around five per cent of our students ask for their money back each month. And we're happy to pay them, because we know that the best course in the world won't suit every single person.
Each of our assignment recipes has been tested by an independent cosmetic laboratory and has its own Safety Data Sheet.
Other course providers get criticised because their recipes have been put together by keen, well-meaning amateurs. This means their products could be unsafe or dangerous.
With the Blackford Centre you have independent assurance that the course products are safe and reliable. It also means you can sell them to the public and stay within the law. Health and Safety legislation imposes on you a legal requirement to provide certain information for some products regarding transport and safe handling. And with this course you get that. We also show you how to get your own products certified.
It's time to get started
Having read this far, you've got what it takes - motivation. Fill out the enrolment form now, because this is where the adventure and rewards begin. It's easy to start:
- Register online by clicking here. If you need help or information, write or phone the Blackford Centre.
- We’ll send you the full course materials within five days - anywhere in the world.
- When you get the course, read the first module. It’s laid out in an easy-to-follow format. Then do the first assignment. It asks you simply to describe your life, your interests and your aims. Send (or email) it to your tutor for assessment. Your tutor will return it to you with friendly advice and comments.
- Do the same for the other modules, until you reach the end of the course. By then you'll have the beginnings of your own skincare line. It's beyond exciting.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
an advisor on