Blackford Centre for Nutrition
What's in your Nutritionist course?
- A sturdily bound set of 18 Course Modules. They lie flat for ease of study. In the online edition they come as downloadable PDFs
- 59,400 words of practical how-to content. You get detailed information that guides you skillfully towards becoming a professional nutritionist.
- 12 tutor-marked assignments. Your work will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced practitioner.
- 6 computer marked tasks. They help you check you understand each topic. If you're in doubt you can ask your tutor.
- 37 videos. Sit back and watch as an expert explains each topic. It's the easy way to learn.
- Superfoods (value £37). The course includes a pack of interesting and unusual superfoods for you to try. They come complete with recipes and instructions for use. They include foods that boost immunity, help you lose weight, and improve skin and hair. Print edition only.
Nutritionist's Treatment Guide. An exclusive 31-page guide on how to identify and treat 23 common ailments, from Anorexia Nervosa to Weight Gain. This is especially useful to the new nutritionist just starting out. It will give you increased confidence, knowing that you'll be making recommendations backed by the weight of others' experience. The guide covers the following:
- Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge-Eating
- Athletic Performance Improvement
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Dermatitis, Eczema
- Fatigue, Fibromyalgia
- Food Cravings
- Food Intolerances
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Energy
- Mood Swings
- Post Natal Weight Gain
- Weight Gain
- A Swipe File containing samples of intake forms, food diaries, nutritionist business plan, nutritional counselling script, disclaimer forms and disclosure forms. They save you time in creating your own forms and documents. See how the professionals do it. Includes advice on creating your own forms and documents. Plus links to professional nutritionists' websites: learn how they design their consultations and programmes.
- 'How to Conduct a Nutrition Consultation' booklet. This sets out step-by-step exactly what to do. The consultation is at the heart of what a nutritionist does. We explain everything from the free pre-consultation to the final written report and follow up meetings. "It gave me a lot of confidence when I did my first consultation."
- Nutritionist's website files. (value £385). Just change the text to suit your needs, upload it to your site, and you’ll have your own website! If you went to a designer, they would charge you at least £385 for this work. And because we know what clients want from a nutritionist’s website, the pages are better than what a designer would provide. Click here to learn more about the free nutritionist’s website.
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. It helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- 39 self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised for your role as a nutritionist. They also check that you can tackle each type of nutrition.
- Course techniques book (not in the online-only edition).
- Roadmap. A chart and text that shows you the exact steps to take to become a successful nutritionist. Comes complete with instructions for us. Not available elsewhere.
- Personal advice from your tutor - by email.
- Online support - Speak to a course advisor by phone.
- Links to online videos about different aspects of nutrition.
- Bonus: Your First Client Celebration Kit. What’s the first thing to do when you get your first client? The answer is: ‘Celebrate!’ And we’ll help you do that, because as soon as you get your first paid work after completing the course we’ll send you a celebration kit including fun items such as champagne glasses and other party items (Value £31).
- ‘How to Achieve More!’ Planner. It contains forms for self-discovery and vision, a 12-month goals' planner, a study plan and scheduler, study tips, and a monthly reflection and assessment form. Exclusive to your course. † See More
- A Quick Start Guide,to get you started on the course.
- 'How to Write Assignments' booklet (right). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- A sturdy ring binder that holds the course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.†
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.†
- 'How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course' booklet (right). Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- '49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service' booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- † In the online edition this is provided as downloadable PDFs.
- †† Not in online edition.
Plus! Access your course online
- Online edition of the course. Get access to all the course modules and assignments when you register.
- Online student's database. Add your name to the database, and get in touch with other students.
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
- A handsome Diploma to frame and display on your wall
- An 'Approved Nutritionist' logo (above) to put on your website and your notepaper
- A press release sent to your local newspapers (if you want). It announces that you're setting up your Nutritionist practice
- An open reference that shows you have completed the course, and which may open doors for you
- The right to use the post nominal letters Dip. Nut (BC) after your name.
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
For a limited time, we're offering a free downloadable book: 'Pregnancy Nutrition'. It'll teach you everything you need to know about pregnancy and nutrition without having to buy a dictionary! Click here to learn more.
an advisor on