Blackford Centre for Proofreading
Get the prospectus by email
What's in the pack?
Here's what you'll find in your course
- 15 videos to aid your understanding.
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. Detailed, practical information that guides you skilfully towards becoming a professional proofreader
- 59,400 words of practical 'how-to' text. You get detailed information that guides you towards becoming a professional professional proofreader.
- 25 Assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- ‘How to Achieve More!’ Planner. It contains forms for self-discovery and vision, a 12-month goals' planner, a study plan and scheduler, study tips,
and a monthly reflection and assessment form. Exclusive to your course. † See More
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised as a practising professional proofreader. They also check that you can tackle each type of work.
- 'How to Write Assignments' booklet (right). This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- A Quick Start Guide, to get you started on the course.
- A sturdy ring binder that holds the course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.†
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.††
- 'How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course' booklet. Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- '49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service' booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- Student Discount card. Get discounts with leading
shops and organisations.
- † In the online edition this is provided as downloadable PDFs.
- †† Not in online edition.
- Online edition of the course. Get access to all the course modules and assignments when you register.
- Online student's database. Add your name to the database, and get in touch with other students.
Plus! Access your course online
Take a peek inside!
Have a look at how friendly our online portal is. Click here: https://blackfordcentre.com/courses/how-to-use-the-portal/
This course is available to all our learners. We've opened it to you, so you can check out our portal.
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
- A handsome Diploma to frame and display on your wall.
- A reference from us confirming that you have completed the course.
- We'll send a free press release to your local newspapers announcing your success (if you request it).
- The right to use the post nominal letters Dip. Proof. (BC) after your name.
Did you have any concerns about this sentence?
- A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study.
Some people believe the sentence should say: '...modules that lie'.
But you could argue that verb 'lies' should should align with the plural 'modules' rather than the singular 'set'? That argument gets added strength from 'modules' being closer to the verb than the word 'set'.
What do you think? Let us know your thoughts. Like you, we really enjoy issues like this; so we'd love to welcome you on to the course.
an advisor on