Special Educational Needs Courses
Blackford Centre for SEN
What's in the course?
Here's what you'll get:
- A Quick Start guide, to get you started on the course.
- 62,000 words of practical how-to text. You get detailed information that guides you skilfully towards becoming a Special Needs expert.
- A sturdy ring binder † that holds the 20 course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the printed modules as downloadable PDFs.
- 36 videos. Six hours of information. Sit back, relax and learn in comfort.
- 9 assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by a practising SEN teacher.
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.†
- SEN Job Interview Kit. Learn what questions you'll be asked - and how to answer them. Packed with insider tips to help you get that dream job.
- An A-Z of terminology.
- Resources file, includes forms, organisations, and checklists essential for those working in SEN.
- A techniques book to accompany the course. †
- Audio CD†. Listen to the course in the car or on your iPod. The course includes a CD and online mp3 version of the course which you can download. This means you can listen to the course wherever you are - while commuting or on holiday.
- How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course booklet. Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- How to Write Assignments booklet. This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- Interview with an SEN Assistant DVD†. In it she discusses her role as an SEN assistant and the tasks that she completes on a day to day basis. It's a real insight into the life of an SEN assistant.
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. This helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- 61 self-assessment exercises, including reflective activities. The assignments mostly involve scenarios and case studies based on real life.
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered (not in the online-only edition).
- The contact details for your personal tutor.
† Not in the online edition, where the course content is provided as downloadable PDFs and mp3 files.
Plus! Access your course online
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following items:
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
an advisor on