Sports Therapy Certificate
Sports Therapy Course Contents
- Injury statistics, facts and figures.
- The developing role of the sports therapist
- Relations with other professionals and health care workers.
- Where you fit into the team.
- Proactive management of health and fitness.
- Injury prevention. Warming up. Stretching. Wind down.
- How to conduct a fitness assessment. Out of condition players.
2. Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology
- Anatomy, physiology and kinesiology.
- How the body heals.
- Injuries: acute versus chronic.
- Returning to sport after injury. When is it safe to return?
3. Assessing and Managing Sports Injuries
- Clinical tests. Assessing range of movement and power.
- Diagnosis. Prognosis.
- RICE treatment
- Contra-indications and precautions
- Sprains and strains
- Head injuries
- First aid. Infection control.
4. Sports Injuries to the Extremities
- Identifying sports injuries to the knee and leg. Remedies.
- Sports injuries to the arm, elbow and hand. Remedies.
5. Sports Injuries to the Trunk
- Sports injuries of the shoulder. Remedies
- Sports injuries to the head and neck. Remedies.
- Sports injuries of the back. Remedies.
6. Injuries and injury prevention in specific sports
- Basketball, Netball, Volleyball
7. Bandaging, Taping, Bracing and Strapping of Injuries
- Practise makes perfect
- Types of strapping tape
- Taping techniques
- Figure of eight strapping
8. Temperature therapy. Electrotherapy. Hydrotherapy.
- Temperature therapy
- Hydrotherapy treatment and exercise
- TNS and TENS treatments
9. Massage Therapy
- Soft tissue manipulation methods
10. Nutrition Therapy
- Energy production
- Energy storage
- Energy requirements
- Muscle fibres
- Competition nutrition
11. Communication Skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
12. Being a Sports Therapist
- Keeping records.
- Referring clients
- Ethical issues
- Continuing Professional Development
13. Finance and Legal
- Setting up with a small budget
- Types of Businesses
- Business plan
- What to charge
- Keeping books
14. How to Find Clients
an advisor on