Web Design Business
The 14 Modules
1. Becoming a web designer
- What is this course about?
- The world of the web designer
- What you need to succeed as a web designer
- Core skills
- Principles of good design 1
2. Instant web design
- How to create web sites with no skill at all.
- The world of website builders
- Principles of good design 2
- If you have limited web design skills you can skip to Module 2.
3 Simple web design
- Create web pages that require minimal skill
- Creating websites using ready-made WordPress themes and HTML templates
- Principles of good design 3
- Accessing the server using FTP and the control panel
- If you have limited web design skills you can skip to Module 3
4. More advanced web design
- HTML, php and CSS
- Creating bespoke sites
- How to outsource the most advanced work
- If you have advanced web design skills you can skip to Module 4
5. Starting a web design business
- Section overview: How to prepare and set up a successful web design business.
- Overcome these entrepreneurial mistakes or you'll fail.
- Determining your business short-term and long-term goals.
- How to decide on a business name or domain name.
- Building a great website - Tips and tricks.
- Determining a profitable niche for your web design business.
- How to target the right keywords.
- How to build a portfolio easily if you don't have one already.
6. Setting yourself for success
- Section overview: Important documents, templates and things to put you on track.
- Hidden website pages
- Establishing great pricing structures.
- Why you should use the web design questionnaire + script.
- Setting up multiple payment methods.
- Tools for tracking finances.
7. How to write award-winning proposals and contract
- Section overview: An in-depth look at solidifying your proposals and contracts.
- What is a good proposal?
- How to write award-winning proposal: Earn up to 100$/hr
- Setting reasonable timelines and milestones.
- How to set clients expectations.
- Preparing a great contract: Don't move forward without this
- Free and paid contract tools.
8. How to set your rates
- How to set your rates for profitability.
- Respecting the standards of the web design industry.
- How to price as a beginner.
- Increasing your rates over time.
- A well defined rate structure plan to maximise your rates.
9. How to attract great clients for your web design business
- Section overview: How to sell and attract clients to your business.
- Making use of your existing network.
- Building a great social media presence.
- How to build an email list.
- How to get traffic to your business - Blogging, Facebook & Google advertisement.
- Cold calling leads the right way.
- Meeting clients: Online and face-to-face networking.
- Sales tips: Converting leads to clients like a pro.
- Setting up a sales funnel.
10. Handling and managing projects
- Section overview: How to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Getting started with a project.
- How to handle multiple projects.
- How to avoid scope creeping.
- Handling client's request.
- How to get clients feedback and approval.
- Client's training and off boarding.
11. Building a great working relationship with clients
- Section overview: The secrets to keeping you and your clients happy.
- Getting to know your client professionally.
- 7 secrets to boost clients loyalty.
- How to establish clients boundaries.
- Handling clients complaints and requests like a pro.
- How to fire bad clients professionally.
- Identifying clients to fire - Why is it important?
12. Scaling your business
- Section overview: Scale your business to a steady 7 figure agency.
- Promoting your work and portfolio.
- How to get great clients feedback and testimonies.
- How to get repeat work.
- Upselling a client for maximum profit.
- How to diversify your income stream.
- Source for better clients.
- Set your business on automation.
- Building a solid remote team - scaling your business
- Leveraging on your skills if you wish to work alone.
13. Legal and Finance Issues
- Section overview: Important legal paperwork for your web design business.
- Business Registration: License and Insurance - What do I need?
- Setting up your business banking and taxes
- Copyright statement.
- Freelance agreement.
14. Conclusion to the course
- - Conclusion to the course.
- - Course links and Additional resources.
an advisor on